There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank

ok-ish

I have been working at Scotiabank full-time

Pros

OK pay, good people, nice workplace

Cons

no support from upper mgmt., very old technology

Give more support to staff and make sure there is no favouritism especially when it comes to bonuses

520 Other Employee Reviews for Scotiabank (View Most Recent)

Experience only

Former Employee - Senior Personal Banking Officer
    Former Employee - Senior Personal Banking Officer

I worked at Scotiabank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learn how banks work
    Help people

Cons

over worked, under paid, insurance, no support, no ability to move to corporate side

It's cheaper to try and hold on to your employees rather than constantly hiring and training new ones.

Do Not Abuse My Intelligence

Current Employee - Bilingual Helpdesk Analyst Level V  in  Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Bilingual Helpdesk Analyst Level V in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Scotiabank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the beginning, when I just started I thought that the slogan "ONE TEAM ONE GOAL" was the most important goal for everyone, that their excellency and that be part of a company that employs diversity and does a great community job what the best place for a bran new Canadian to start the dream of flourish as an excellent IT professional.
    My Scotiabank benefits became handy since I have to purchase the doctor prescriptions for anxiety, depression and stress medications to face the bully manager I work for, and the supervisors with an Ego of super hero , plus the favorite children the one who gets paid for training or for any other requested stuff, the ones that are excellent even when they make mistakes and humiliates our coworkers

Cons

Forget to present a formal complaint for being mistreated and bully at your Scotiabank work place, because the Scotiabank HR Employee Relations Manager will come up with the most ridiculous and robotized answer,
    Their condescend attitude at the end of the day they ridiculed and make you feel so frustrate that you end up having another breakdown; they take 4 months to Investigate a mistreatment in the work place while I have been since May 2012 up to-date in disability because of all the medical issues I have been through including my Severe PTSD ( Severe Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder )symptoms came back because of the continuous bullies and mistreatments I have been through since I started working there plus doing my call center Technical support work.
    Since the HR Managers found out I do have Severe PTSD they blamed that maybe I believe the abuses I went through were real as I described because I may exaggerated due of my medical condition. They never acknowledge that my symptoms were triggered by the bulling and mistreatments I went through.

Please do not become a manager or supervisor that previous to your retirement date your employees raised their glasses to cheer because finally the witch and bully manager is leaving.

Please re-train your managers/supervisors stuff in this century it should no longer be allowed managers/supervisors to verbally abused make fun or simply bully the employees.

Please Stop using the training room as "torture room" where 2 managers take the employee quietly for 1 or 2 hours with the excuse to retrain you or provide you feedback to help you do better in your work, however whatever happens there leads to more stress, depression, low self-esteem and frustration.

There are newer employer reviews for Scotiabank

Worked for Scotiabank? Contribute to the Community!