There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Games

Scientific Games is a great place to work!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

One can learn alot through trial and error @ SG. Also you will gain experience with the cutting edge technology. Money is not a problem so you will be compensated for your work and given the tools to do an effective job. The work environment is very close knit and personable. You will develop life long friendships and relationships. The benefits are great and very competitive compared to other manufacturing facilities. Even with all of the drawbacks SG is a great place to work. The location is excellent. There is constant growth and the sky is the limit for future of this company.

Cons

The amount of commitment is excessive due to the lack of capable people to step up to the plate. The management and leadership qualities could use some work. There is alot office politics and fear tactics used to ensure that you get the job done. Alittle more professionalism and tact by the upper management team will attract a more professional and talented market.

Work on an effective succession plan to develop future leaders. Also think before you do things then you would not have to cover up all of the indiscretions later on.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Scientific Games (View Most Recent)

majority of administrators and support work 9-4 or forced to work almost 12 hours

Former Employee - Support in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Support in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Scientific Games full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

working 9-4. the bar is set real low. location it is off a highway

Cons

everybody does their own thing. lots of seat warmers collecting a check

one rope

Need to invest in training and developing staff and culture at all levels, and get more leadership.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Scientific Games full-time

Pros

Big offices, nice breakout area with pool tables and table tennis. Lots of parking. Showroom with products that everyone can use. Good canteen area. Made significant progress to change company culture this year, but too little too late for some.

Cons

Poor location which is a long walk from public transport links - very limited options for bars, so no after work culture. Not enough progressive thinking at the top, with focus on retaining existing customers rather than trying to innovate and enter new markets. Training and development is virtually non existent, with no clear career progression. Salaries are not pitched to reflect London location - pay peanuts and you'll get monkeys.

We are supposed to be the market leaders. Lets start acting like it, and strive for excellence in everything we do, in every team and across every employee.

Be ambitious, communicate better and lead us. We want to be sold a dynamic vision of where we are going to be as a business in 6, 12, 24 months, and feel that there is real drive and support in place to achieve this.

Invest in an industry leading training and development plan so that we see SG Gaming as a career rather than a job. Reward exceptional performance at all levels with excellent compensation, and stop using the Radford Scale.

There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Games