Scientific Games

www.scientificgames.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Games

Scientific Games is a great place to work!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Supervisor in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

One can learn alot through trial and error @ SG. Also you will gain experience with the cutting edge technology. Money is not a problem so you will be compensated for your work and given the tools to do an effective job. The work environment is very close knit and personable. You will develop life long friendships and relationships. The benefits are great and very competitive compared to other manufacturing facilities. Even with all of the drawbacks SG is a great place to work. The location is excellent. There is constant growth and the sky is the limit for future of this company.

Cons

The amount of commitment is excessive due to the lack of capable people to step up to the plate. The management and leadership qualities could use some work. There is alot office politics and fear tactics used to ensure that you get the job done. Alittle more professionalism and tact by the upper management team will attract a more professional and talented market.

Work on an effective succession plan to develop future leaders. Also think before you do things then you would not have to cover up all of the indiscretions later on.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Scientific Games (View Most Recent)

There was a severe lack of training, and was there any room for creativity.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

The people were nice. There were no "perks." Office culture was depressing. They keep you in the dark - literally. The majority of the lights are off, and what sounds like white noise blasts through the large industrial-like building.

Cons

I was promised training when I was hired - even in the interview. They didn't follow through. The only people who moved up were the people who were already assistant directors, managers, etc. It was very top heavy that way. I sat for a year with nothing to do. I ended up doing technical writing, something I had no desire to do, and something not remotely related to my original hire. It was also very siloed. One department had no idea what another was doing, and that's the way it was designed due to the confidentiality of everything.

Train the people who are begging for training. You have some really good talent below those who are management; pull from that!

I was an Executive Assistant at Scientific Games for 10+ years and it was a great place to work.

I worked at Scientific Games

Pros

Good people, great culture and nice environment. Everyone worked really hard to accomplish their goals.

Cons

Communications could be improved upon.

There are newer employer reviews for Scientific Games