Schneider Electric

www.schneider-electric.com

Overworked and Overlooked, but Optimistic

Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI'm never bored at work, and have lots of opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people. I'm proud of the company's "energy access" and sustainable development programs, its focus on green products, and its leading edge energy management software and solutions.

ConsI and many of my colleagues are paid less than we should be -- some of us considerably less. Everyone I know loves our CEO, but the executives under him are often unpredictable, unreasonable and unkind.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate your approach to identifying and retaining talented employees. The attitude seems to be, "If you think you're worth more, prove it by getting another job offer." The reality is that nobody I work with would go out and get a competing offer just to negotiate a higher salary. If we get a better offer, we're gone.

Layoff Happy environment in the USA

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people, who care about their peers Cons: Everyone is in fear of being laid off all the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Okay place to work

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) La Vergne, TN (US)

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: +Usually easy +Flexible work environment +Internally promoted +Salary review each year with normal… Cons: +There is no overtime and the compensation for time over 40hrs is very poor +Raises are small. Normally 3-5%. You have to be a genius to… Advice to Senior Management: Have more clearly defined procedures and processes. The rules change… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Schneider Electric.

Worked for Schneider Electric? Contribute to the Community!