My experience has been educational, and a great opportunity to network and grow as a young professional.

Current Employee - Junior Associate Program Management  in  New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Junior Associate Program Management in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Sapient full-time for less than a year

Pros

Networking, sharing of knowledge, ability to switch careers

Cons

Too many emails in their network.

Keep strategically positioning Sapient to e able to capitalize on the growing digital trends in the industry.

Other Reviews for Sapient

Not for Computer Science or IT Graduates from elite engineering colleges

Current Employee - Associate Technology L1  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Technology L1 in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Sapient full-time for more than a year

Pros

Better starting salary than other other IT Service Oriented companies (eg. TCS, Infosys, IBM etc)..

Cons

1. Very bad work life balance due to excessive under-staffing (The only people who are happy with the work are the guys from HR, Office Services, IT and other internal support teams. if you are working in a project, you are screwed). To make you believe otherwise, they will say that Sapient is the best place to work in Canada..Very funny.
    2. Very little visibility of growth plan (although they will make you believe that everything is taken care of, and you will become the CEO if you stay long enough)
    3. Starting salary is good, but Sapient doesn't seem to believe in increments.. may be they are completely oblivious of something called 'inflation'. Also, if you are a campus recruit, you might hear something called 'performance bonus' which is given to you 1.5 years after you join, and will depend upon your performance during the training period. I've heard that people actually get that bonus in a PARALLEL UNIVERSE, certainly not in this one. You might also come across a phrase called "Rookie of the year". Be advised that the only way you can get remotely close to actually winning the award is to be from any office other than in India.
    4. If you are a student of computer science or IT from a college like NIT, and you think you will be working in some cutting edge technological stuff, you are in for a surprise.
    5. You will be grilled for 'Feedback' during your lifetime in the company but rest assured, none of the feedback you give will be paid heed to.. its merely a formality.

Ask yourself this question when you come for campus recruits : "is this person's goals aligned to ours?" and not : "can we make him/her do what we want him/her to?". Also, recruiting someone and training him/her in java and then asking him to work in other technologies like Endur/Solarc (i.e if I can call them technologies) against his/her wishes is not a healthy practice.

Mislead by Recruiters

Former Employee - Senior Associate QA L2  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Associate QA L2 in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Sapient full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, good salary

Cons

I was recruited from another part of NY State to work in NY City as a consultant. During the interview I specifically asked if there were ample jobs to keep me in the NY City area where I could be close to my family once we relocated and I was assured I would be fine. My first assignment was in AZ, followed by 3 other states that were more the 5 hours from NY.

I spoke with other people from my training class that I kept in touch with and they had similar promises given to them. If I were single that would not have been a problem and I would have probably enjoyed my self and the company but missing a year of my child's life was not what I hoped for.

Honesty has the be the #1 policy of any company. These are peoples lives that you are changing.

There are newer employer reviews for Sapient.

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!