This is a great place to work if you want to help people and make a living

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation part-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about SFAF is their staff. They are unique, quirky, intelligent and easy-going. Really never met someone I didn't like when I worked there. Good pay, hours usually flexible, and my boss(s) have always been nice-reasonable.

Cons

None really to speak of. There is an ungodly amount of emails you are expected to read, but that's really not a big deal. Altogether it's a great place to work. The location does bare mentioning, this place is in the hood, which for me is no problem, but 6th street can get a bit sketchy at night.

I know it's a huge non-profit but some more contact with the executives would be nice

Other Reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation

Good Coworkers but Board likes to squeeze

Former Employee - Software Developer, Business Applications  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Developer, Business Applications in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent working atmosphere, people really care about what they're doing and pay is decent for a non-profit.

Cons

HQ in an unpleasant part of the City but the area is due to improve. Unfortunately, then, the main body of clients (not who you think) will be moving to another rundown area and SFAF will probably follow them there.

You really do need IT and you need more than to keep the lights on. Instead of allocating the bare minimum, you can improve ability to comply with City and State contracts by investing in adequate IT structure and staff.

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Social Worker  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Social Worker in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at San Francisco AIDS Foundation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great starting salary. Great line staff to work with. Agency has honorable mission statement.

Cons

Line staff has not had a raise in at least seven years while the board granted the CEO a $40, 000 increase plus bonus.

Show appreciation for line staff with at least a cost of living increase. Loyalty needs to be rewarded. Line staff fulfill the contracts.

There are newer employer reviews for San Francisco AIDS Foundation.

Worked for San Francisco AIDS Foundation? Contribute to the Community!