Samsung Austin Semiconductor
www.samsung.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

rewarding, ambitious, work long hours.

Engineer II (Current Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSamsung is one of the top electronics companies in the world. There's constantly new technology devices, so you get to be a part of the next big thing to hit the news in several months. The pay is very reasonable and the bonuses are pretty amazing nowadays! Top health benefits and unmatched 401K matching.

ConsThe expectations are very high! You work long hours. Work-Life balance needs improvement though it depends which department you work in and recently it has gotten a lot better than 5 years ago. Being a manufacturing facility, the mindset is different as if you were part of the actual device development or R&D department. Also, it takes time to move up in the company. It's more determined how long you've been there rather than your credentials and work performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Acknowledge your peers and positive attitude will be maintained.

No week-ends

Engineering Technician II (Current Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Samsung Austin Semiconductor full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good at listening to techs on the floor regarding maintenance… Cons: Night time superintendent's primary job is to walk the fab looking for procedural violations, if your working nights don't expect to have too many week-ends… Advice to Senior Management: Need to improve work-life balance, especially for night shift. Need to have training… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Engineer II

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Pros: Co-workers are certainly the best part, and it's why I lasted as long as I did. Most engineers are very smart and looking to… Cons: Management is bad and getting worse. As many people leave, management has no option except to promote people who are unqualified for the position… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micromanaging and trust your employees to do the right thing. Spend more time getting buy in from the people who work for you… More

There are newer reviews on Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Worked for Samsung Austin Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Austin Semiconductor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Samsung Austin Semiconductor CEO Dr. Woosung Han. All reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Austin Semiconductor employees.