Safeway Canada

www.safeway.ca

O. K. place to work

Front End Cashier (Current Employee) Calgary, AB

Prosclose to home and I like the varied hours. Starting pay is good and co-workers helpful and friendly, customers are pleasant and most understood it was my first shift after having to tell them as I wasn't given a training badge.

ConsTraining I found to be lacking, some people do well with computer training especially the younger generation but I believe more hands on training is needed to have successful older workers, one shift then nothing for over a week and you have to try to remember everything all over again when you get to work again can be intimidating.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore on the floor training with a supervisor would go a long way to keeping people and a few shifts after training would be a huge benefit to new employees as they would retain a lot more of their training.

stressful

Store Manager (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Safeway Canada full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: income is the only pros Cons: lack of hours, hours of work Advice to Senior Management: to improve market share you must add hours to maintain… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fine.

Produce Clerk (Former Employee) Victoria, BC

I worked at Safeway Canada part-time for less than a year

Pros: I worked as a produce clerk. It was not incredibly hard work, but there… Cons: There are almost no ways to get significant raises. Some of my… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Safeway Canada.

Worked for Safeway Canada? Contribute to the Community!