There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Disorganized Company, Weak Systems, Impersonal Experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tampa, FL (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SYKES part-time for less than a year

Pros

ability to work at home

Cons

Ineffective training that was too short and did not prepare us for work; trainers and floor support representatives who talked condescendingly to us, too much focus on one main "resource of information" when this resource is incomplete and not tailored for the types of calls that we get; imbalance of support reps to agents; insensitivity to needs of agents; constant "mandatory/voluntary" overtime.

be more sensitive to the needs of your agents, as they are the face of your company. unhappy agents will make for bad customer service. choose quality over quantity. understand that they would not ask you questions if they had not checked their resources. become more of a team with your agents.

331 Other Employee Reviews for SYKES (View Most Recent)

Y Sykes sux!

Former Employee - Tech Support  in  Cairo (Egypt)
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Cairo (Egypt)

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is in quite a good place in Cairo, with spacious rooms and good equipments. There are lots of nice people although the management suxx

Cons

The worst management I have ever seen, no order or system and lots of connections buisness there not to mention the injust and unfair unequal treatment of the employee or that is at least what I have experienced there. That is a totally subjective opinion, take it or leave it , it is your thing.

Should work on communication and give everyone equal chances. They should also work out some kind of system that prevents misusage and trickery

Working for Sykes

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being part of a company that is growing, and looking at new ways to grow. Opportunity to advance. Promotes from within (does it, doesn't just say it). Cares about the employees. Global. If you show up to work and do your job, there are endless possibilities (scheduling, promotions, incentives, etc).

Cons

Schedules - Based on client, hours of operation will vary; therefore, the possibility of receiving a day shift is small. Expect to start off working nights and weekends.

There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!