SRA International
www.sra.com Fairfax, VA 5000+ Employees

A good company but change may not be for everyone

Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at SRA International

ProsSRA International is a company with a strong focus on fairness, work/life balance, and education. The people are first class and come from all types of backgrounds. I cannot stress the level of equality and fairness this company shows people. It is a company that firmly backs its people and will do its utmost (in addition to the employee) to take care of its people. Perhaps the best thing about SRA is its people. Generally, management is easy to speak with and reason from top-to-bottom in organizational hierarchy. For new college graduates seeking a chance to move around in their career, this is mid-size company that makes educational opportunities and career transitions readily available. There are many benefits but some of which may need to be reexamined periodically to stay current.

ConsPerhaps the main downside of working with SRA is compensation. They are neither the best nor the worst in the compensation area. In the past, salary raises were due on an employee's anniversary of hire. Now, the company has shifted to a single dated annual cycle to follow a "bell-curve" salary raise system. Only time will tell but the skepticism has been pointed out that this may not allow for employees with exceptionally well performances to be compensated as such. In fact, comparing salaries across other companies on average, SRA seems to have fallen behind regarding market compensation. From experience, living in an area where professionals with upside are highly regarded in specialized fields, it may be tough for SRA to change its compensation structure because of its current size and direction. It has a new CEO, new management, and a great deal of change and currently may go fast in either the right or wrong direction. Unfortunately, only time will tell.

Another issue would be proper career direction. It is imperative that regardless of your company's mold, structure, or requirements that you shape your career accordingly. Before now, career development was mainly a task spearheaded individually. Currently, the company is going through a career development process to help employees reach milestones that define their level of position. This will require both years of experience as well as specific qualifications which may hinder compensation for younger, motivated professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management for myself have been outstanding. Senior management has never been a problem for myself at SRA. As a matter of fact, SRA has never been a problem for myself. Management does as much as they can to keep confidence in their employees and while nobody is perfect, they tend to be pretty reasonable.

If you want work/life balance, then this is the place to be -- otherwise, don't think twice about working here.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at SRA International

Pros: Work/life balance, telework flexibility, and health benefits. Cons: Fairness and respect is not prevelent (old boys network mentality). Company is not a risk taker, very conservative so it is not that exciting… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your people and they will take care… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

SRA needs to communicate with employees

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at SRA International

Pros: My four experience has shown that for those personnel working on a government site the relationship with the customer becomes as strong as the people… Cons: Communication is very poor. Emails go unanswered and questions regarding how salaries are determined are ignored. These important issues seem to be ignored… Advice to Senior Management: Employees need to be at least be acknowledged. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SRA International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SRA International CEO William L. Ballhaus. All reviews posted anonymously by SRA International employees.