There are newer employer reviews for SPX

Ok, good launching point for a career

Former Employee - Division Controller  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
Former Employee - Division Controller in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at SPX

Pros

Good corporate structure with great benefits.

Cons

Lax in monitoring performance of Division Executives

52 Other Employee Reviews for SPX (View Most Recent)

Segment that I worked for pulled a bait and switch during interview - misstated many facts

I worked at SPX

Pros

The compensation was agreeable.

They started embracing modern concepts (such as green technology) , and were actually starting to focus more on lean principles.

Because the segment I worked for was smaller, I was able to get more hands-on experience in different departments; and therefore learn more.

Cons

Many manual processes, and reluctance to embrace more modern, streamlined approaches.
    Management more focused on fixing small fires than, agreeing, positioning the organization, and dedicating resources to fix the real problems: old processes, antiquated systems, manual data collection etc.

Learn what collective intelligence is. Study it, and employ it. Or you'll end up with a handful of idiots running your organization. Your most valuable resources come not just from leadership, but from the people who support leadership. They know quite a lot, and in my experience, the reluctance of senior leadership has caused costly mistakes.

The jobs I performed I enjoyed but the poor management was a problem.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockford, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL (US)

I worked at SPX

Pros

The tasks and opportunites that I did receive were great. Generally the coworkers (and some of management) were very helpful and supportive. Safety was becoming a big consideration in decisions.

Cons

It was always a fight to expand my own abilities.
    Accountablity was not usually a part of the work envirnoment nor was there a level playing field.

Pick a path and stick to it. Do not say you want something then do nothing to support it.

There are newer employer reviews for SPX

Worked for SPX? Contribute to the Community!