SAIC

www.saic.com

I Am Interchangabe & Disposible Cog in the Machine

Engineer (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsThe SEE&I division has a variety of architecture and engineering projects. They work with on federal (DoD & GSA) projects, state government projects, and private sector projects. The projects are commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-unit residential buildings, civil works, and DoD specific projects.

ConsThe quality of a project is not a top concern. Management would rather blame all of the design professionals on a given project for an error rather than address the source of the error. Project managers are more converned about the ease of reporduction rather than following the engineering licensure laws and regulations of the various states. They are seen as "helpful suggestions" which can be ignored when inconvient. Management is unwilling to adress personnel who do not meet the standard of care for their profession and constantly produce documents which have errors and/or are unbildable. Management does not communicate with the professionals producing the designs until there are cost overruns or design errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake resposibility for your design contracts. Do nit just keep incompetnet people because you need a warm body to produce work. Value the professionals who do a good job instead of treating them like a inconivent number.

Overall, I enjoyed working at SAIC

Acquisition Logistics Expert I (Former Employee) Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Friendly environment, wide range of access to career opportunities. Cons: Only paid for 9 out of the 10 government holidays… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent, but scary now due to organizational changes.

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Variety of compelling programs that support the defense of our… Cons: becoming a private company has been an incredible culture shock.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!