There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Heroic efforts to accommodate difficulties

Current Employee - Navy Ranges Subject Matter Expert  in  Norfolk, VA (US)
Current Employee - Navy Ranges Subject Matter Expert in Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best leadership I have seen in 15 years

Cons

The economy is causing some downsizing

Pay the FSO more, she deserves it with her commitment to the group.

1124 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

If you like working in the defense contracting world, this is right for you...

I have been working at SAIC full-time for less than a year

Pros

CMMI Level III Organization, a lot of room for professional development through SAIC University, offers a lot of benefits.

Cons

Does not find you jobs when a contract loses funding. Very light on work load at times.

none

Not a bad company to work for

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company does try to boost morale and take care of its employees. The leadership would often buy food to bring in to their employees. There were company get-togethers and happy hours to allow employees spread across many offices to meet and mingle with their co-workers. The compensation package was fair and they really tried to work with employees when they needed extra time off, or had a family emergency.

Cons

After completing the hiring process my recruiter asked me for a good start date. I asked for two weeks as I needed to put my notice in at my previous employer. She said that would be perfect. Unfortunately, after my two weeks were up the company still did not have a start date for me. Six weeks after I left my previous employer I went to a job fair and spoke to a hiring manager regarding the fact that if I didn't get a start date soon I would have to find other employment. He didn't seem to even know my name, despite being the hiring manager for my position and the point of contact that the recruiter had given me. It took another four weeks before I finally started. I had expected delays, but there was little communication to let me know what was going on. I would like to believe that this was a fluke, but I have spoken to others who had the same problem.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!