Great

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Tampa, FL (US)
Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

salary, potential for upward mobility

Cons

Intense work schedule during high visibility projects. Contracts expire, must stay flexible and aware of your own career path

retain solid talent, even if it means some overhead expense. Trustworthy employees are invaluable

Other Reviews for SAIC

We are one...SAIC

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tuition reimbursement and fair layoff practices

Cons

Laid off, with a lot more to come

Communication was lacking

Good first 2 years, downhill ever since

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I work in a good location. I like working with my fellow employees.

Cons

Unless you are in upper management, the company doesn't value you. I overextended myself last year and went way beyond my responsibilities and only got a 2.5% raise. One person who has been here for years is leaving as he is overworked and has never received anything beyond a 3% raise. He is one of their best workers. No matter how well you work, you will never get beyond a 3% raise. And us lower employees never receive a bonus. Our medical insurance was changed to $1,500 deductible and $4,500 out of pocket. We receive "no" medical benefits or prescription benefits until we pay the $1,500 deductible. Certain east coast offices have a different medical plan. They have no deductible so their plan pays from the beginning. Only certain east coast offices were invited to the east coast picnic ($60 per ticket and they were allotted up to 6 tickets each). Every one else had to pay their way if they wanted to go. You have to work in the right office or be in top management to be treated decently. They are only allotting employees $5.00 per person for our holiday party this year. That is a slap in the face. And they profess to be an ethical company.

You treat your employees badly. You need to learn what being ethical really means and learn to value your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!