There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation

Educational and rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Hairstylist in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Hairstylist in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

supportive corporate office,educational opportunites,skilled coworkers, positive environment with potential to grow,vacation pay

Cons

health care and salary cap, some mid level management needs to be trained more to be effective

212 Other Employee Reviews for Regis Corporation (View Most Recent)

Leadership undergoing massive overhaul

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It seems like the new management in IT is ready to leverage newer technologies that have been under-utilized over the last decade. Why are we using Lotus Notes 8.5

Cons

Older technology (hardware and software). Understaffed IT area makes it difficult to get timely responses to hardware and software requests. Too many different systems - total lack of integration.

Mastercuts- Worst job ever!

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Hickory, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Hickory, NC (US)

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've heard good things about Regis, and have a lot of friends that work at some of their other chains that love it, but this one was messed up! The only pro is that I got to do the job I went to school to do.

Cons

Management didn't know what the heck they were doing. only 7.25/hr plus tips (you dont claim cash tips, card tips come out of your check, most people tipped on cards though). too many staff for the traffic that came in. not enough hours per person. wouldn't let me take vacation time to visit my (now husband, fiance at the time) in texas, in the air force, for more than 3 days (it takes a little over a day to actually drive here, so that'd mean spending one day with him). Also, my first week they wouldnt let me cut hair until I watched all the training videos, and they left me all alone to close at night. So they left me watching videos, and told me to turn away anyone who came in wanting a haircut because I was still training. ?

Regional managers : don't just move someone up to management because you need to fill the spot. Bring someone else who is experienced and responsible in.
    Store managers: Know what you're doing. Don't leave because you just dont want to work anymore.
    Dont have your boyfriend sitting in there with you the whole time.

There are newer employer reviews for Regis Corporation