There are newer employer reviews for Redbeacon

Simultaneously, the most fun and the most productive team out there.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA (US)

I have been working at Redbeacon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rebeacon's product makes life easier for people in an obvious way, so you'll always go to sleep knowing that you made the world better. Redbeacon's regular events include Beer Fridays, bug fix competitions, ping pong and Street Fighter tournaments, trips to the movies and to baseball games. The office has a commercial grade espresso machine, a giant screen for video games and movies, even a small classic arcade. With that much fun and distraction one might guess that the team's output would be hindered. On the contrary, Redbeacon is formidably productive and is the fastest moving team that I know. Very few teams have this level of helpfulness in combination with the level of competitiveness. This might be cliche, but It's like being a part of a large family.

Cons

If you don't like learning or don't like moving fast you, Redbeacon wouldn't be a good fit for you.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Redbeacon (View Most Recent)

Everything you do here are Redbeacon will impact millions of people

I have been working at Redbeacon full-time

Pros

Smart, driven, and immensely fun colleagues
    Ability to work on a product/project that affects so many people
    Employees are trusted with huge responsibilities.
    Strong culture makes it fun to work here!
    We are hiring like crazy!

Cons

Since we are a true startup, we can sometimes feel understaffed which means you have more responsibility and ability to define your work. But we are focused on bringing aboard top talent, so this will change!

Vision is great! Keep doing what you are doing!

Learned a ton from this incredibly talented, helpful team.

Former Employee - API Engineering in San Mateo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - API Engineering in San Mateo, CA (US)

I worked at Redbeacon as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

These guys are great! I spent a summer as an engineering intern, working on a standalone project from research phase to final presentation.

I had not one, but two engineers willing to mentor me -- and, in addition to that, even the frontend and design teams were more than willing to give tips and advice. The people here take the extra time to help each other out.

The team, though growing quickly, is still fairly small. This makes for a nice, close-knit community vibe.
    Your coworkers will know your name.
    They will also attempt to surprise you with a birthday celebration. Act surprised.

The engineers here are always up-to-date with the latest tech news and the development process is solid; there's an issue tracker, all code is reviewed before being checked in, plus comfy chairs to sit in and large monitors to work with.

Lunch is provided every day, and there's plenty of snacks, fruits and drinks in the kitchen at all times.

I think you'll like it here.

Cons

Occasional nerf darts. But maybe you enjoy that sort of thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Redbeacon