Change, Impact, and Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RealPage is in a unique position in the market, they are actually quite different then many of the competitors, so there is a deep sense that what I am working on will have a big impact in the industry and that is rewarding.

The people are also great to work with. I know not all teams have the same culture, but the team I belong too and interact with have amazing culture. I am working with people who are immensely talented, driven and fun to work with.

This is also a place were I feel like we have the ability to think outside the box without being put down or ridiculed. Its great to tackle big industry problems with smart people, and re-imagine how things could be for our customers.

Cons

As some reviewers mentioned, there has been lots of change in the SF office and its been hard at times. Communication was not always what it should have been, but that has improved quite a bit over the last 60 days. There is some new leadership and some of the old leadership is gone, anytime this happens, there is going to be some fall out. Overall this team is in a better place coming through it then we were.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication open. flowing, and regular! Its helped a ton.
More events for the family folks including kids and spouses.

reviews filtered by
  1. RealPage SF - going through changes but great place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time

Pros

Great people, growing fast, really big opportunity. Company has a lot of great products and an opportunity to dominate its space. People are committed and working hard.

The SF office (this is a Dallas based company) has gone through some changes over last few months - absorbing some acquisitions, management changes and some strategy stuff. But things are really improving, and right now there's a real opportunity for people who are good to make an impact.

Great location, stable company, good career development and competitive compensation.

Cons

Lots of change in last 12 months has led to some rough spots. There are bitter people who had rough experiences as a result of that. This is a public company, not a start up so things are as nimble as some might like.

Advice to Management

Get better, regular communication going. Need more transparency. Create a clearer career development path for your employees. Invest more in onboarding new hires into the company.

How they managed to take this company public is a miracle

Current Employee - Managerial in Carrollton, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Managerial in Carrollton, TX (US)

I have been working at RealPage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not the worst job in the world. I've met some decent people.

Cons

Bad benefits that have absolutely no administration. Very poor culture and morale. Leadership was placed in position based on politics and personality rather than skill. Incredibly micro-managed -- the CEO has to approve everything. No strategic direction. Unclear job roles. Outdated work method of sitting at desk all day rather than telecommuting.

Advice to Management

If you want to take this company into the future, you should get rid of legacy employees and managers and find people who know what they are doing.