There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Raytheon is decent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth within the company. A lot of the managers here are good at teaching new things and new processes to people with less experience. My coworkers are friendly and there is a really good team atmosphere. The tools used at work are very helpful. Overall, I enjoy working with my team and working under my current department.

Cons

The work atmosphere can be competitive at times in terms of dealing with other people in similar positions. Sometimes you have to work late hours and long days. Overall, sometimes task can become tedious and mundane.

Listen to the employees more.

1442 Other Employee Reviews for Raytheon (View Most Recent)

Raytheon a safe place to grow old if you want to follow the leader.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

Benefits, pay for higher level of education.

Cons

No continuity for changes of position. Company is growing at a rapid pace but transition of informtion is not well thought out from a work load and training of new employees.

The mentor program is OK. Need a stronger connection between old and new people/employee base. Processes is very important but in maintaning processes it sometimes eliminate new ideas and a different way of thinking. Employees should encourage to think outside of the box and not always in black and white.

New to the company, it seems okay but not great.

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Aurora, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Aurora, CO (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros

It's a decent job for a big, stable company. They do a lot of military as well as unclassified work, so there's some opportunity to move around, laterally. You'll have an opportunity to get a security clearance doing that, so that's a help. But there's never any time to review lessons learned, it's always just "on to the next project".

Cons

Upper management seems to think we all care about quality, but middle management only cares about making the contract bonus. I'd love to do a better job, but when management bids an 18 month task to be done in 14 months, with a bonus if it's done in 12 months, well guess what? It's done (poorly) in 12 months.

Get a clue! Directors and VPs are out of touch with the 3 and 4 level employees. You have no idea the pressures we're under, but you think you do, and you're solving the wrong problems.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!