Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Great place to work in America

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sudbury, MA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sudbury, MA (US)

Pros

Core values you can relate, respect and live by

Cons

Employment could be Subjected to contract volatility

Continue the Raytheon tradition to focus on people first.

Other reviews for Raytheon

Everything depends on your immediate management

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer II  in  El Segundo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in El Segundo, CA (US)

Pros

-Great work schedule
    -Great benefits
    -Good pay
    -Great locations to choose from

Cons

There was no congruency across the organization. Had a fantastic experience in Tucson and had great reviews. Transferred to El Segundo for a new position and they had no work and management was not flexible to let you utilize other skills you have--subsequently I received poor ratings as I was new and had no work. As a Mechanical Engineer I had done a lot of software and electrical work (was a former manufacturing electrician and IT tech) and my department actually took the work away from me and made me sit on overhead.

People at the California site don't work together. Due to the amount of layoffs over the past 10 years people have become very paranoid and will throw you under the bus even if you are performing. Everyone there is just scared for their job. Its a sad situation really.

Its a shame because I really enjoyed the industry, but when there is no work for your group...get out. I made the mistake of waiting it out and I was laid off.

Give feedback. If someone isn't performing up to par, tell them what you expect. There are many young engineers in the organization that feel that if they were laid off they have no skill set or experience, and they are right. Allow for more mentoring, especially if people are charging to overhead. Good luck.

Great First Job

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II

Pros

-Good Job Security
    -Generally you are not started off with more than you can handle
    -Important work being done (miliary related product)

Cons

-Acronyms tough to learn in the culture
    -Lots of data systems are archaic
    -Too much changing of software, confuses people, especially those not computer-savvy

Stick with what works, don't change just for the sake of it, make sure implementing a new feature is actually solving a problem, not just looking pretty at surface level.

There are newer employer reviews for Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!