Raytheon

www.raytheon.com

Gen Y Review

Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) Marlborough, MA (US)

ProsLarge company with flexibility to move around to other departments and/or other geographic locations. Intelligent employees who value diversity and a strong work ethic. Strong social programs offer activities for the 35-and-under crowd.

ConsSometimes you have to go and find your own work to do, especially when you're new and/or don't have much experience. Managers should help with this but they have other needs to address first. The job is what you make of it. Work load is inconsistent - some weeks are crazy busy but others can be a downright bore.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do a great job of valuing your employees with rewards, events, etc. Gen Y employees desire to take leadership and ownership of their projects, so they risk feeling inconsequential when assigned a bullet list of tasks.

30+ years of stable employment

Manager (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA (US)

I have been working at Raytheon

Pros: Not many people in my area get laid off. There is interesting technical work. I work… Cons: Typical politics, especially if you want to rise. Since Raytheon took over, I've seen a lot of program managers get pushed… Advice to Senior Management: Be more broad-minded in considering internal applicants for open positions. Having worked for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

BORRRINNGG but great work-life balance

Intern (Former Employee) Garland, TX (US)

I worked at Raytheon

Pros: The benefits and pay are great. The people are also… Cons: Knowledge and information sharing aren't the greatest at Raytheon. I had to work really hard at getting in contact with the right people and… Advice to Senior Management: Make it fun! Sponsor some activities for the employees to get involved in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Raytheon.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!