Raven Industries

www.ravenind.com
  www.ravenind.com
There are newer employer reviews for Raven Industries

Progressive, people oriented company.

Current Employee - Applications Technician in Sioux Falls, SD (US)
Current Employee - Applications Technician in Sioux Falls, SD (US)

I have been working at Raven Industries

Pros

Room for advancement, most people are nice. Not hounding or demanding, some freedoms are given as long as you are productive.

Cons

Large company so you must deal with the beuocracy associated with it. Some people do not fit in and very rarely does an employee get the boot.

Really need to act quicker to solve problems and respond to customer demands, too many things get caught in limbo for too long.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Raven Industries (View Most Recent)

Review

Current Employee - Production in Sioux Falls, SD (US)
    Current Employee - Production in Sioux Falls, SD (US)

I have been working at Raven Industries

Pros

If you are about to retire, this is the company for you.There is not a lot opportunity due to the fact of it being a company that is already matured. Company values experience, over skills.

Cons

Company doesn't follow it's open door policy. Command hierarchy, makes it difficult to advance in career. Very "Political" company, since they tend not to live up to their promises.

management anonymous review.

Fair

I have been working at Raven Industries full-time

Pros

Raven can be a fairly vibrant place to work. It depends, though. Raven has three divisions (currently, at least, because it used to be four), and they all operate basically like separate companies. I work for a remote site, so it's hard to speak to the culture at headquarters in Sioux Falls. All I can say is your experience will differ depending on where you find yourself.

It's worth mentioning that Raven has never skipped a merit increase while I've been here, even though our year-to-year performance is dropping, and belts are being tightened.

This could be considered a pro or con, but, even though work can be fast-paced at Raven, I think the people are pretty laid back and down-to-earth. Of course, there are always bad apples, but I think overall the people don't take themselves too terribly seriously, and I mean that as a compliment. Also, the work/life balance is good.

Cons

First of all, the remote site where I work is being shuttered. So Raven is not doing well financially right now. Also, the vast majority of employees work at headquarters. This is probably common, but I would not highly recommend working at a remote site. All the glam and glory is at headquarters. You see on the inter-company video monitors how they are remodeling and moving into new spaces and hiring in Sioux Falls, while at your site, it's kind of an eyesore, there's little-to-no remodeling and upkeep, and for the past couple years, we have lost people and not replaced them.

Also, I don't think training and continuing education is too good at Raven. Now, it *seems* like it might be better at headquarters, but that's just a general impression. But from my end, not a lot of opportunities for growth and cross training. That is all up to you on your own time, in a way.

Also, I could be biased from my former employer, but I don't think the benefits are very good at Raven. In my case, they pay 78% of my health insurance premiums, and I have heard of other companies paying a lot more than that. Also, I'm not sure the health insurance options are top notch to begin with, but they're not bad, either. But coverage is not that good overall, considering vision and dental.

There are newer employer reviews for Raven Industries