There are newer employer reviews for Raley's

Very friendly, positive work environment!

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Citrus Heights, CA (US)
Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Citrus Heights, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's full-time for less than a year

Pros

When you work at Raley's, your co-workers and managers almost become like family. Everyone is treated with the highest respect (customers and employee's). The atmosphere is always comfortable and positive. It is probably the best store to work at in retail. Not to mention the good pay and benefits :) Couldn't ask for more!

Cons

For people who are trying to become apart of the team, it isn't easy. I applied for 2 1/2 years before I had finally gotten the job, and I was very lucky to get the opportunity. The reason why it is so hard is because the people who work there are typically there to work for 5+ years. (Some people at my store have been there for 35 years!) . Don't take it personal, its just that positions that are filled typically stay filled.

Keep doing what you're doing! :)

112 Other Employee Reviews for Raley's (View Most Recent)

Once a great job, is now a min wage job with no advancement

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Raley's part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Well as they keep telling us.... be lucky you have a job... and you get 10 % off

Cons

working with the public and other co-workers....... its not a family type store like it used to be. Its basically a factory type job.

The work environment needs to improve to bring back your customers. And you need BETTER MATTS to stand on.... I know the company is struggling and acts like they cant afford that but..... i know they can. RALEYS ONCE HAD A SLOGAN " A PLACE WHERE EMPLOYEES LOVED TO WORK AND CUSTOMERS LOVE TO SHOP" thats just not the case anymore. When you walk into the store you just see everybody not smiling.....

Have to get pretty high up in the company before any respect is given

I have been working at Raley's

Pros

college job, union, decent hours

Cons

low pay, long periods before pay increase, continuous shuffling of job

listen to workers about schedules, better pay

There are newer employer reviews for Raley's

Worked for Raley's? Contribute to the Community!