Rackspace

www.rackspace.com

Great... but not sure if its a keeper

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

ProsGood culture, extremely laid back - but your best is expected. There are people in every team who hold their teammates accountable for quality work. Management tries to promote from within, so for the most part they are connected with what the needs of the team are.

Conscompensation, compensation, compensation. Raises are a joke, small bumps are insulting - if there isn't enough money in the pot for a decent raise, then shell out stock and a hefty bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand when the company was smaller, it was cheaper to let a heavyweight go and train up a new person. Now that the company is getting bigger $1B revenue means this is now the big leagues. You need to pay better to keep your top people, who else is going to keep your culture alive? If the average senior sysad or Engineer is only staying 3-4 years, you are losing culture and valuable experience when they move along to a competitor. 9 out of 10 rackers will tell you they LOVE this company, but at the end of the day people are going to go where the money is. Right now its a good time to be an experienced IT professional, step up or lose out.

One of the best places to work! Get on-board while we're hiring!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros: Fantastic leadership by Graham and Lanham Laid back environment Many on the job perks Competitive benefits Profit sharing and bonuses… Cons: Communication has been complicated at times Growth has been rampant, so… Advice to Senior Management: We need the VP level management to be as competent as our Director level management-… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place, but some aspects are hyped up.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Rackspace

Pros: Technical people are looked upon favorably. Lots of opportunity to advance skillset on the job. You can actually reach upper level people (CEO, chairman, etc). There is… Cons: Gym is composed of solely of machines and dumbbells (no barbells for people who want to lift weights). The "cafe" mentioned is non-existent as far as… Advice to Senior Management: I notice that the company is being run in such a way that it seems that the primary intent is for execs and other leaders… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Rackspace.

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!