RaceTrac Petroleum
www.racetrac.com Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Burn you out, kick you out!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I worked at RaceTrac Petroleum full-time for more than 3 years

ProsManagers Salary, Advancement Opportunities, Benefits

ConsAs a store manager, if you are willing to bust your behind and work 60+ hrs, you will be fine. Once you burn yourself out and try to take a breath, your supervisor is stuffing write ups down your throat and telling you your job is in danger. Their is little work life balance because you are forced to give that to your team but only at your cost. Supervisors are only concerned about their next promotion and will use you to make that happen. They push that you develop your store team but they will not help develop you. Expectations are often vague, especially if you are being wrote up, this helps them fire you and that way they'll have paperwork behind it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush supervisors to give store managers the same work life balance they expect to give to the entire store. Reward store managers outside of the "special stores (busier locations)".

Good and bad

Co-Manager (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX (US)

I worked at RaceTrac Petroleum full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The pay was nice. And there's always overtime. Actually, you're required to work overtime as a manager in store, so if you're a workaholic like… Cons: The commitment that they require for store manager positions is outlandish. I'm all for working 50 hours a week, and frequently did as a co-manager;… Advice to Senior Management: If RaceTrac truly wishes to catch up with QT, like it's trying to do so hard, they need to pay more closer attention to the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for!

Store Associate (Former Employee)
Athens, GA (US)

I worked at RaceTrac Petroleum part-time for less than a year

Pros: RaceTrac has many benefits like: health insurance for all of its… Cons: Some of the cons at RaceTrac are: small wages, limited annual raises, length… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on RaceTrac Petroleum.

Worked for RaceTrac Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RaceTrac Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RaceTrac Petroleum CEO Allison Moran. All reviews posted anonymously by RaceTrac Petroleum employees.