Quintiles
www.quintiles.com Durham, NC 5000+ Employees

Contract Pharmaceutical Sales

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood alternative for experienced sales reps who are having challenges landing a position directly with a pharmaceutical manufacturer. Good Salary and good benefits in comparison to other outside sales positions in other industries. Contract Pharmaceutical Sales is where the Pharmaceutical Industry is heading. It is more cost efficient and give pharmaceutical manufacturers more flexibility hiring a contract sales organization like Quintiles. Quintiles has sales contract with 15/20 of the largest pharmaceutical organizations worldwide.

Usually sales resp get car allowance rather than a company car. If a sales rep performs well for a manufacturer, there is usually some opportunities to get hired on directly.

ConsDepending on the contract, you might have two managers. One for Quintiles, and one for the manufacturer you represent. Sometimes the manufacturer treats you as one of their own, other times they treat you like an ugly step child. It really depends on the contract.
Salary is usually about 10-15% less than what you can make working directly for a manufacturer. Not as much job security because even though there is a contract term, it can be cancelled whenever the manufacturer chooses.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter a sales contract is ended, the contract organization should do more to secure new positions for their quality sales reps.

Great place

I have been working at Quintiles

Pros: fun people, challenging and engaging work Cons: at times not too much stuff to do More

This side of the door

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Durham, NC (US)

I have been working at Quintiles full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good learning experience. Understanding Management. Less politics compared to my… Cons: You are better of if you are a billable resource. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Quintiles.

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quintiles reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quintiles CEO Tom Pike. All reviews posted anonymously by Quintiles employees.