Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Great place to work with talented people

Cons

Working environment , somtimes pressure to perform is high

Have more open discussions with people on Ground

Other Reviews for Qualcomm

Good colleagues; poor managers, and very slow career growth

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros

Great Benefits and very bright people. If you are lucky and working on a reasonable project, it can be fun.

Cons

Upper management believes in its own technical skills too much. They won't branch out and won't understand new things. They understand at one level that the licensing business won't last forever, but don't actual support the people they hire who understand other businesses and technologies. The growth opportunities are also very, very limited. It's a "time in grade" approach to promotion.

You've hired bright people; believe them. Treating folks out of top universities with many years internal experience as if they were interchangeable cogs is both rude and foolish.

Qualcomm is an overall good company to work for, just make sure you end up in the right group...

Former Employee - Intern  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros

The company offers good benefits, and a good compensation. The people are nice and the working atmosphere is pleasant. Qualcomm likes to emphasize on balancing work life and hobbies. There are nice events organized for employees. I think it is a great place to work for when you have a family. Your working hours are also very flexible.

Cons

Big company, can feel lost sometimes as an intern. I worked in two different groups. I hated the first one but really liked the second one. Your experience depends a LOT on your group (and therefore your manager too). I did not learn much in my first group but learned a lot in my second group in a shorter period of time.

Really depends... first manager did not care about me. Second manager was awesome.

There are newer employer reviews for Qualcomm.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!