Qualcomm
3.9 of 5 1,269 reviews
www.qualcomm.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Many opportunities at the technical forefront, above average internal mobility and benefits, slightly above average pay

I have been working at Qualcomm

ProsOpportunities to work and innovate in a wide-range of technical disciplines. Internal mobility is higher than at most companies, which helps to prevent burnout. Solid benefits and employee profit sharing.

ConsWorkload is high despite excessive number of meetings; often the entire day is booked full of meetings causing you to stay late into the night to get actual work done.

Team members often give the appearance of working without actually contributing towards project milestones. Therefore, the burden is doubled on the few that actually perform. This may often go unrecognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire fewer, but higher performing engineers and incentivise them more. Improve focus by reducing team sizes and number of meetings.

University like environment, good pay, great benefits, so-so advancement

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Qualcomm

Pros: -Great upper management -Flexible work hours -ESPP -RSU stock bonuses -Smart, work oriented people (no babysitting other employees) -Empowerment environment (figure everything out for yourself) -Ability to work on cunning edge… Cons: -Have to be in a position for at least 3 years -If you transfer to a different division your 3 years in position get reset -Your… Advice to Senior Management: When employees transfer divisions do not reset their years in position to 0. This is the worst business practice I have ever seen. I have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent!

Legal Specialist (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Qualcomm

Pros: Benefits Great supervisors Great workmates Education assistance Fair salaries Cons: No childcare Long drive Limited job openings Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Qualcomm.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Qualcomm CEO Steve Mollenkopf. All reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees.