PwC

www.pwc.com

PricewaterhouseCoopers is an excellent company the provides opportunity around every corner

Current Employee - Experienced Advisory Associate  in  McLean, VA (US)
Current Employee - Experienced Advisory Associate in McLean, VA (US)

Pros

I have had a great experience with PwC so far. I have been encouraged to receive multiple certifications. They supported my application to business school and are providing financial support for the degree. I have received tons of relevant training and been able to also help teach others that I work with. I have been empowered to accomplished my job without too much of the Large company bureaucracy. They have a streamlined performance review and promotion process compared to other similar firms.

Cons

Promotions only happen one time each year which can be frustrating. Also internal politics can be difficult since partners run seperate practices even though they all work under the same umbrella. Internal technology is miserable. Still running windows XP, Lotus Notes, and all T&E is still pen and paper submission. Can't even use up to date web browsers like chrome or anything after IE 7.

There should be some form of instant reward when a person is doing particularly well. Currently the person has to wait until the end of the year to receive a contribution bonus. Also midyear promotions would be beneficial for staff level employees. Also improving internal software would be majorly beneficial especially the T&E system and operating systems.