There are newer employer reviews for Publix

Good overall

Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Miami Beach, FL (US)
Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Miami Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Publix part-time (less than an year)

Pros

no layoffs, opportunity to grow, flexible schedule, competitive pay rate, awesome co workers! bonuses and benefits

Cons

rude customer every now and then. You need to be a peoples person. communication could be improved.

micromanaging isn't always effective

1258 Other Employee Reviews for Publix (View Most Recent)

Greatest place to acquire and master professional customer service skills

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Cape Coral, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Cape Coral, FL (US)

I have been working at Publix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible, pay is above average in the grocery industry, the work environment is very friendly, and there is opportunity for advancement. Great company to have attached to your resume.

Cons

Total income is limited. No educational support past bachelor's degree. Company is becoming increasingly "institutionalized." continuous customer contact may become stressful over time. Schedules, pay raises and introduction compensation is sporadic and even unfair. Plethora of nepotism throughout company

Re-evaluate how employees are paid to create fairness and justification for compensation. Communication between employees and management must increase.

Good company, but scheduling is erratic at best.

Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Deerfield Beach, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Deerfield Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Publix part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Above average pay for industry, good coworkers, friendly environment.

Cons

Have to have an open schedule to get good hours, and even then you may not. For example I usually get around 20, which is what I want, but then some weeks out of the blue it's 8. That may be OK for a high schooler but I need to at least know around how many hours I will be working. They call me in to work often, and I will when I can but I'd rather know what to expect.

Some of your employees work a lot harder than others, but aren't interested in management for whatever reasons. Find a way to recognize and compensate these people. All workers are not the same and OASIS doesn't know the best cashier from the worst one and will easily give one 30 hours and one 5 instead of making it more even.

There are newer employer reviews for Publix