Protiviti

www.protiviti.com
  www.protiviti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Tough work but worth it in the long run

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Protiviti

Pros

Overall it was a good place to work when I was there. Can't speak to current enviornment but generally speaking management listened to my needs and helped me develop. Clients were difficult at times as they are in any organization and one faces the same challenges that one would in any consulting enviornment.

Cons

Hours were pretty long at time, and some of the work mundane. But nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes it was difficult for new employees to assimilate into the environment, especially to initially land clients. However, I suppose the top performers were able to make it through this difficulty.

Keep listening to your employees and continue to expand services.

436 Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti (View Most Recent)

It's a job

Current Employee - Manager  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Clients are great to work with, most of the time. Leadership is trying but the uncertain times make it impossible to figure out what direction to go.

Cons

Uncertain future. The culture of cooperation, teaming, etc. is dissolving as people go in to the mode of self preservation. There are still a lot of people who want to do the right thing though and I think they'll survive but have to reinvent again.

Make sure people aren't just talking the talk. Everyone on board with teaming, but many not acting that way. Look to some of the smaller offices for good leaders. They built things from scratch. Don't assume all ot the good talent has to be sitting in a big office some where.

Average Overall

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Protiviti offers a lot in terms of opportunity to perform at a level above yours. There are many opportunities to receive leadership opportunities that, I think, would not be available at a lot of other firms. This is probably due to the relatively smaller size of the company. Also I think the chance to be a part of a growing company with the ability to forge your own niche is there. Like most firms, Protiviti offers good (not great) benefits, bonus compensation, and a good amount of paid time off. Protiviti has a somewhat entrepenuerial spirit because of the aforementioned size and place in the market.

Cons

Management is out of touch with staff, in terms of what staff find valuable in work experience. Employees have little to no bearing over what experience they will receive and often have their wishes disregarded quickly after voicing them. Management within the company seems to lack the pedigree and experience of some other firms. While one would assume them to be the most motivated group in the company they often seem to be the least motivated (apart from a select few). Staff often both plan and execute work with little regard from management. This lack of care, oversight, and general will to work leads to finger pointing when things don't go as planned. Accountability is severely lacking outside of the staff level.

Focus on results instead of repeating the same boiler plater complaints about staff. Lead by example and hold yourselves accountable for project success. To executives hiring Senior Management, find intelligent, motivated management and find ways to keep them.

There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!