Progressive Business Publications

www.pbp.com
  www.pbp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Great place to build a resume, but you'll never get rich working there.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bensalem, PA (US)
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Bensalem, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

Flexible hours, easy work. Good performance is rewarded appropriately. Good relationship between staff and management. Those who truly strive to succeed are given the assistance they need. Those who do succeed are rewarded with promotions. The job can pay VERY well, but ONLY if you are very good at phone sales without sending out false, unclear or otherwise bad orders(fluffing your sales with bad orders will get you fired fast).

Cons

Training is brief and broad. Severe turnover. Will hire anybody, but will also fire after giving a short grace period out of training. Poor office conditions (slow to repair plumbing, air conditioning, etc.) Minimum wage with an hourly sales incentive that is difficult for most reps to achieve. The ideal rep is essentially one who does enough sales to be worth keeping but not enough to get paid beyond the $7.15 an hour base rate. The job requires a great deal of mental endurance and fortitude and very few employees last more than a month there.

Extend training to two weeks, allow greater employee autonomy with regards to sales script. The current sales incentive system is demotivating, too few attain it. Do away with it and instead give employees regular raises to their base rate at 6 or 12 month intervals, since employees that last that long are the ones you want to keep and those that don't last don't become discouraged.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Business Publications (View Most Recent)

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

The opportunities for advancement into managment

Cons

Sales can be difficult at times. You have to keep a positive attitude.

Keep encouraging your employees

I Love PBP!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

Great atmosphere, wonderful sales team, good benefits and pay! Flexible schedule and weekends off!

Cons

I honestly can not say that there are any cons for me.. Sure it might have been nice to have more windows and natural light but other than that I can't think of any cons.

Today was my last day at PBP after being there for almost 2 years. I was so sad to go. Jen Maziarz has been so good to my family over the years and I love her. She is such a wonderful manager with such a strong passion and true love for what she does. The managers are great and the training is top notch. There is a reason Meadville PBP has one of the highest pay up rates in the company-- it is because of our high standard for quality on each and every call, our knowledge and enthusiasm about our products, and our confidence! This is an awesome place to work and I will miss everyone so much!

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications