Progressive Business Publications
www.pbp.com Malvern, PA 500 to 999 Employees

My Job Is Rewarding

Rather Not Say (Current Employee)
Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time for more than 5 years

ProsMy job is rewarding. I know the work I do is benefiting various types of individuals and therefore organizations all over the country. Everyday is different for me so it keeps it fresh. While every job has a sense of monotony, the nature of what we do – providing educational materials to business minded folk – provides enough variety to keep it interesting. I am well respected by my boss and I am never micro-managed. While I am guided, I have found that in this company, if you are organized and good with time management you will be treated as the adult you should be in a corporate setting. You are set up for success and led to make “executive decisions” which also makes for a better work environment. Holding employees accountable for their decisions, creativity, and behavior is essential to a successful company.

A lot of companies preach an “open door policy” but I must stress how true this is at PBP. I always feel I am “heard” when I have an idea, propose a process, or simply voice my opinion about how I perceive something happening in the office or company. That to me is the most important part of any job.

ConsAs with every job, of course it has its "cons". Our area in the building is very cold everyday, no matter the weather outside. We do have a space heater though. Also, who doesn’t want to make more money? I have had wage increases as I have moved up and into various positions with different responsibilities but of course I hope to get more responsibility eventually and therefore make more money.

Overall great experience

Summer Editorial Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I had a wonderful experience as an editorial intern at Progressive Business Publications this past summer. I worked as an assistant editor on several… Cons: Sometimes it got very tedious to have to go through the list of subscribers making phone calls, but I understand it is part of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This company has given me more chances for success than any other organization would dream of

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
DuBois, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexible Schedule, You get paid for the effort you put in… Cons: Bad employees fudging the system to make themselves orders and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the hard work, the employees that are there every day are well worth your effort. Do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Progressive Business Publications.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Business Publications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Progressive Business Publications CEO Ed Satell. All reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Business Publications employees.