My Job Is Rewarding

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Malvern, PA (US)
Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My job is rewarding. I know the work I do is benefiting various types of individuals and therefore organizations all over the country. Everyday is different for me so it keeps it fresh. While every job has a sense of monotony, the nature of what we do – providing educational materials to business minded folk – provides enough variety to keep it interesting. I am well respected by my boss and I am never micro-managed. While I am guided, I have found that in this company, if you are organized and good with time management you will be treated as the adult you should be in a corporate setting. You are set up for success and led to make “executive decisions” which also makes for a better work environment. Holding employees accountable for their decisions, creativity, and behavior is essential to a successful company.

A lot of companies preach an “open door policy” but I must stress how true this is at PBP. I always feel I am “heard” when I have an idea, propose a process, or simply voice my opinion about how I perceive something happening in the office or company. That to me is the most important part of any job.

Cons

As with every job, of course it has its "cons". Our area in the building is very cold everyday, no matter the weather outside. We do have a space heater though. Also, who doesn’t want to make more money? I have had wage increases as I have moved up and into various positions with different responsibilities but of course I hope to get more responsibility eventually and therefore make more money.

reviews filtered by

This company has given me more chances for success than any other organization would dream of

Current Contractor - Branch Manager in DuBois, PA (US)
    Current Contractor - Branch Manager in DuBois, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, You get paid for the effort you put in and the process is very understanding and easy to work with.

Cons

Bad employees fudging the system to make themselves orders and hurting the companies reputation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, the employees that are there every day are well worth your effort. Do not let the individuals that make snap decisions of the company with out having all the facts bother you.

Questionable business ethics driven by greed

Former Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

casual work atmosphere, some fun employee activities

Cons

This is a churn & burn organization - both with their treatment of employees and their email marketing practices. A quick Google search will show you plenty of "questionable business ethics".
    Not much vacation time & paid holidays - lousy insurance.
    Management will guide you very little but hold you accountable for everything. Expect little guidance and the likelihood that you will never elevate your position unless a member of the almost all-male management club. Greed-driven initiatives with poor project management planning and follow-through.

Advice to Management

Change your bad business ethics, poor benefits, low-pay