There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications

Worst Company Ever

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

There are a lot of good people that work there.

Cons

They give a false sense of empowerment and pretend to embrace your business ideas... when in reality, it's like working in a version of the Hunger Games.
Upper Management interferes with how mid-management runs their business - then blame them when their idea fails.
They claim they are a "people" company but I only saw that if the employee was earning them a considerable amount of cash... even then.. they did not really treat employees with respect.

Advice to Management

Develop uniform company policies and if you give your word

reviews filtered by

Company that doesn't follow their own "proclaimed" values. Run away as fast as you can.

Former Employee - Editor in Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Editor in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. But if you are willing to be a follower and do what they say you will get by. You need to be someone who doesn't think for themselves.

Cons

Search the web for "progressive business publications" and look at the search results.
    You will see a great deal of negative publicity about the company exploiting people at businesses across the country. This is reason enough not to work there.

On top of that, consider the people who work there for a long time and are comfortable with this fact. They obviously are either stuck there or don't find anything wrong with misleading or taking advantage of people. Why would you want to work with them?

In addition to these facts, my experience at the company was very in line with the negative facts that come up in the search results. People there didn't really care about the customers, nor did management really care about employees. The turnover rate of employees was very high and customers were always calling into complain.

Advice to Management

I do not think advice will help this management team.

Horrorawful

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Altoona, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Altoona, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy, laid back. You can wear shorts.

Cons

Tedious work. Extremely boring and repetitive. I would rather be unemployed.

Advice to Management

Go out of business.

There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Business Publications