Progressive Business Publications
www.pbp.com Malvern, PA 500 to 999 Employees

Company that doesn't follow their own "proclaimed" values. Run away as fast as you can.

Editor (Former Employee)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot many. But if you are willing to be a follower and do what they say you will get by. You need to be someone who doesn't think for themselves.

ConsSearch the web for "progressive business publications" and look at the search results.
You will see a great deal of negative publicity about the company exploiting people at businesses across the country. This is reason enough not to work there.

On top of that, consider the people who work there for a long time and are comfortable with this fact. They obviously are either stuck there or don't find anything wrong with misleading or taking advantage of people. Why would you want to work with them?

In addition to these facts, my experience at the company was very in line with the negative facts that come up in the search results. People there didn't really care about the customers, nor did management really care about employees. The turnover rate of employees was very high and customers were always calling into complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not think advice will help this management team.

It's a job, not a career.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros: Very friendly people who want the company to grow and… Cons: Flat organization with no career growth. HR issues common. Suggestions for improvement regularly shot down by management who regularly bend… Advice to Senior Management: Reward your hard workers instead of hiring corporate misfits who make six figure salaries and then leave a year later. Spend some resources… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great start to a post-college career, not much room to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros: Taking a position at Progressive Business Publications after college is a very wise decision - You learn a lot about marketing and the corporate world.… Cons: The salary is low (and although there's 'advancement' opportunities, it typically is minimal during review) and the benefits are weak compared to similar companies. … Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your employees and reward them appropriately with salary… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Progressive Business Publications.

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Progressive Business Publications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Progressive Business Publications CEO Ed Satell. All reviews posted anonymously by Progressive Business Publications employees.