There are newer employer reviews for Primerica

Great Financial Services business Opportunity

I have been working at Primerica for more than 8 years

Pros

You can work around any schedule (J O B, School, Family, etc...), starting part time, with flexible hours.
We help families Earn More Income, become Properly Protected and Debt Free, and Financially Independent.

Cons

Many people quit too soon, or don't try to improve their financial standing.
Many people give up on their dreams, way too soon.

239 Other Employee Reviews for Primerica (View Most Recent)

Lack of integrity

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Primerica as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

If you know a lot of people, you have an opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

You may work with people with no ethics who are scam artists. They may want to teach you their scams for you to make money. It's a multi-level marketing company.

Have consequences for bad business practices. You say you don't support them, but when speakers talk about them as a part of life at big training meetings, something is seriously wrong.

Don't get paid at all until you get licenced.

Former Employee - District Leader  in  Northridge, CA (US)
    Former Employee - District Leader in Northridge, CA (US)

I worked at Primerica part-time for less than a year

Pros

You work on your own schedule and show up to the meetings if you want to, which I reccomend that you do. My RVP was awesome, so upbeat and excited. It seems easy to get promoted. There's no one there to promote you, you promote yourself by the work you put in. Very energetic atmosphere, almost like a family.

Cons

You can't get paid until you get your licence which consists 30 hours of classes I believe then take the state exam. You don't work on a set salary, it all depends how many life insurance applications you sell. Must drive to people's home, you don't work in a office unless your Regional Vice President which practically is their own office their paying for.

To really stick to what they really aim for, to please the client and whatever they can to insure the families future and make a difference. Reason I say this is because a family friend of mine was interested in getting life insurance and my mentor was the one to explain everything in detail which took about 3 hours. She was excited and signed but had a change of mind and couldn't afford at the time and wanted to cancel it. My mentor said, "Absolutely, no problem!" It's been 4 months and their still charging her monthly for her contract. I can't work with a company that does that to their clients and be apart of that.

There are newer employer reviews for Primerica

Worked for Primerica? Contribute to the Community!