too bad the PR doesn't match the reality

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In a difficult job market, any job can be a good thing. There is an attempt to be competitive on pay and benefits. Experience here can help you move on to your next position while PG still has a good reputation in the industry.

Cons

Bloated and ineffective senior management and too few people to do work. We have more "C" level execs than I have ever seen in a company this size. If you have not worked with the current CEO at his prior positions, you are not going to be taken seriously no matter your experience or abilities. New initiatives are poorly planned and executed, and we expend huge efforts trying to make these initiatives work after initial failures. If you are reading positive reviews of this company, you are reading scripted responses from CEO's new team who seem concerned about perception than reality.

Stop bringing high paid friends and cronies on board while telling departments with severe staff shortages to "make do". Whether or not you hear comments about this - employees see and recognize this is happening.

A poorly executed good idea doesn't differ much from a bad idea in practice. Execution of plans is as important as anything else - stop developing and trying to implement new initiatives until you can figure out how to execute better.

Other Reviews for Press Ganey

Run into the ground

Current Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is a nice level of flexibility in the job and the base pay isn't bad.

Cons

During my tenure with Press Ganey, there have been 4 CEOs. Each one brings in their own team and tries to "fix" what's wrong with the company. They add products and services without truly integrating them so that we have a myriad different platforms and teams that don't interact.

Press Ganey's pricing models are so varied and complicated that it is difficult to tell a prospect what a service costs. That, coupled with PG being the high priced solutions, causes us to lose several deals.

As a sales person, they have instituted a new comp plan in 2013 (which we have yet to receive in writing) that is convoluted, difficult to calculate, and penalizes the sales person for any decrease in a current client's revenue. So if a client discontinues a service because it isn't working - that money cancels out any new sales that were mad. It's possibly the worst SCIP that I have ever had in my 10+ years in sales.

Streamline your offerings, make pricing more competitive and simple, and don't push a product out to market without testing it's readiness.

The Iron Triangle

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Addison, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

Pros

Allowed me to work from home often. Was completely up to date and on the "bleeding" edge of technology.

Cons

Agile Methodology + set scope, set team, and set timeline + no ability to negotiate or assist in the initial setting of the timeline = disastrous projects. This would be OK if it were not the norm here.

Read Management 3.0 and learn how to be Agile Managers. Adjust the release planning to allow for continuous delivery and regular deployments.

There are newer employer reviews for Press Ganey.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!