Press Ganey
www.pressganey.com South Bend, IN 500 to 999 Employees

The worst professional experience of my life!

South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company has some excellent employees at the ground level.

ConsThere is massive turmoil and backstabbing at the middle management level, the senior managers are inexperienced and in over their heads, and the executives have their heads so far in the clouds that they can't see what is really going on.

From my individual perspective, the workload is unbearable. People keep quitting the company and they are not replaced, so their job responsibilities fall on other already overworked people. When I asked for help, I was told to "work more hours." When I demonstrated that I was already working 60+ hours per week, I was told to "work more efficiently." I'm doing the work of 2.5 people in 60 hours, so I'm already extremely efficient!

The company seems top-heavy with management; for example, there are at least 5 layers of management between the average worker and the executives in a < 1,000 person company.

Salaries are on the low-end of acceptable and the fringe benefits are Spartan. The health care coverage is abysmal, which is ironic because Press Ganey purports to be a leader in the health care industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview some of your ground level employees. Realize that the middle management turmoil is

Strong on cultural commitment thru Sr. Management not dedicated to employees or improving product reliability

Operations (Current Employee)
South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The organization is a highly influential industry competitor, and directly helps the South Bend community with a cultural… Cons: Sr. Management overlooks the leadership qualities and capabilities in employees and prefers to bring in outside leadership rather than provide opportunities for internal staffers. More… Advice to Senior Management: Trust in your own employees and cease the practice of bringing in outside leadership as a perceived solution at solving inefficiencies in management - especially… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Tedious,, Company internal workflow Not technically or innvotative thinking- expected more from new executive team

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

Pros: People are friendly and will bend over backwards to help you at this organization. Very thorough and competent Compliance… Cons: This company is out-dated, tedious and creates more internal work for themselves than any company I have ever seen. The amount of "CC" emails… Advice to Senior Management: Advice: Replace the "good ole boy" mediocre management and bring in new Product Management, Marketing and Sales leadership. Even Pat Ryan's charisma and sincerity… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Press Ganey.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All reviews posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.