Plum District

www.plumdistrict.com

Pretty on the outside but hideously ugly on the inside..

(Former Employee)

ProsBay area start up backed by KP sounds cool to your friends and on a resume. Decent health benefits. Free snacks and beverages. Overall, the talent at the company was exceptional (minus senior management but they were for the most part in over their heads) and I was fortunate to meet some fantastic, wickedly entertaining people. Generous vacation time but you would probably be fired upon your return as the company was always "moving in another direction." Generally, that direction was down. This company managed to truly find some of the best and brightest in cities across the US dedicated to building something that turned out to be a poo sandwich. Lots of good looking people. Even the Board commented on the overall attractiveness of the company. Sadly, it wasn't a magazine shoot so it was a moot point. You will never look at the word "deal" in the same way again.

ConsTired idea. Everything you read on here is completely accurate, and if anything, people are being kind. Not a sales organization. The turnover was laughable. It wasn't necessary to get to know people's names as they probably weren't going to be around for the next conference call. Feedback was constantly solicited but no one was interested in addressing obvious issues or listening.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously, this is an antiquated concept that is contracting versus growing. I hope someone has figured that much out at the company, but you never know.

What a horrible experience.

Regional Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Plum District full-time for less than a year

Pros: I'm struggling with anything positive about this company. I guess it would… Cons: * What kind of company knows they are firing all of their Regional Managers, flies them out for a 'meeting', sucks all of the information… Advice to Senior Management: You've ruined peoples careers. I know many think this type of stuff happens in all companies, but no- this is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I will never get the past year of my life back

District Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Plum District part-time for more than a year

Pros: Only the description of the position... we were supposed to be working WITH LOCAL business owners. … Cons: Waste of time Compensation plan was lowered again and again No training Constant turn-over of Managers.... I had five in less than a year.… Advice to Senior Management: Close down. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Plum District.

Worked for Plum District? Contribute to the Community!