Planned Parenthood
www.plannedparenthood.org New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

It's a good starting point...

Clinician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is a well-defined scope of practice dictated by written protocols.
Good pay/benefits.
Fairly good orientation for new medical staff.

ConsThe management is HORRIBLE!!!!!
Clinic managers are hardly ever in their office. It is not helpful for managers to be working from home or at off-site business meetings all the time. They should be working on the floor, managing.

No one cares about your outside life. They will over-schedule as many patients as they need to get their numbers for the week. They don't care if you stay late 1-2 hours every day, or get screamed at because patients are waiting for 3-4 hours out front. You get questioned for staying late to see all the patients and finish your work, but if you don't stay until every single patient is seen then you get yelled at.

Your opinion doesn't matter. You get the impression it might when you have long business meetings and management appears to be taking notes on your suggestions, but nothing ever changes. They do not come up with logical solutions to problems. And if you suggest one, they will come up with a different one just so they can use their own ideas.

They waste so much money on administrative traveling, director lunches, unnecessary commuting, yet they're quick to fire employees to make budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are killing the very planned parenthood mission you pretend to stand for.
All employees should be treated with respect. If you rewarded your good employees you wouldn't have such high turnover.
It's sad they will never get it!!! And the patients and hard-working employees are the ones at suffer.

Loved everyone. Everyone is very open minded and supportive.

Finance (Current Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Planned Parenthood as an intern for less than a year

Pros: great people, great enviroment, great office Cons: wasnt a full-time job so it wasnt very convinient for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great mission, but large need for organizational overhaul...top to bottom and side to side

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Planned Parenthood full-time for more than a year

Pros: Hi energy coming out of certain areas Never boring due to constant fire drills and changing priorities Addictive… Cons: What starts at the top - trickles down. Starting with the Executive Team - there is no genuine consensus or alignment between leadership and their… Advice to Senior Management: Overall to management - Recognize the need to step aside if you don't have the ability to make decisions based on having the right type… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Planned Parenthood.

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Planned Parenthood reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards. All reviews posted anonymously by Planned Parenthood employees.