There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Over staffed for seasonal means no hours for part-time newbies.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very fun environment especially if you are into home accessories. Co-workers and managers were easy to work with.

Cons

Not good if you can't stand around for 8 hours even when it's a slow day, you have to keep pushing the newsletter on people which isn't too bad. Played unfair favorites in my case my co-worker felt cheated of employee of the quarter several times.

589 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

Slow boring work day.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a fun work enviroment, mangers are nice and understanding.

Cons

Only work you 20 hours at the most most of the time not. theres not a lot to do inbetween rushes.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lexington, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lexington, KY (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at Pier 1 Imports grants you the occasional (and limited) creative freedom when assembling displays.

Cons

I loathed my time spent at Pier 1 Imports. The management refused to hire anyone that was actually physically capable of doing the very heavy lifting that the job requires. The entirety of the floor staff was composed of petite college-aged women and senior citizens; neither group was wholly capable of unloading couches, dressers, dining room tables, etc. The pay was absolutely paltry. All sales associates started at exactly minimum wage, with "raises" (of up to a whopping $0.10) being available (upon a glowing performance review) once every consecutive year. There was also pressure, bordering on harassment, to talk customers into signing up for the Pier 1 credit card. Furthermore, the tone of all instructional material distributed by the company was wildly sexist. All customers are referred only as "she" or "her" in Pier 1 literature. The only time I saw the mention of "he" or "him" was in a leaflet discussing what a mother should buy for her son going off to college. (There were no female-oriented dorm items shown, either.)

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports