Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com
  www.pier1.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

It was an excellent opportunity to grow my customer service and communication skills.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Pier 1 Imports part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The retail environment is one that fosters growth in superb customer service. Every customer who walks in the door is acknowledged, and as an associate, one's duty is to meet their needs. The Pier 1 experience for employees is one of satisfaction for serving customers.

Cons

Unfortunately, the room for growth is relative to the store size. Upper management is not focused enough on growing their retail employees in terms of rank; only in terms of service to the customer.

It would be beneficial to the retail employees who want to advance with the company if management would acknowledge their employees in this regard, and take the necessary steps to foster that kind of growth.

610 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

This company cares about work/life balance.

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports

Pros

I appreciate having the ability to spend time with family and work.

Cons

This is a very physically demanding job.

I think incentive pay raises would be nice.

One of the best

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager in New Orleans, LA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented Managers are rewarded! If you are a talented manager (even a budding manager) you will be rewared with $ and opportunities...there are over 2000 stores with more opening and getting remodels!
    Opportunites galor!
    Great Staff from top to bottom!
    Did I mention I no longer work there? However, I know there will always be a place for me there! I have always and will always speak highly of Pier 1 Imports.
    You have a corporate staff who take significant time in creating a team atmosphere with trainings, celebrations, and recognition!
    You have employees (sales associates) there for +10 years. Divisional and regional members of management who started as sales associates. Regional and Divisional members of management who will move your displays (and not just the little ones) to help and teach you!

Cons

There are a limited amount of full time positions!
    Like any other retail business members of management are the only full time positions (and Home Office...it would be a dream!!)
    Moving furniture! Sad but true. The end result is worth it...but truth be told...in the moment (and there are plenty) it stinks!

Work hard!
    Yes you will be moving furniture but if you're, truly, a Pier 1 person you'll love the end results.
    Be genuine with a smile...remember you're the host and the customers are your guests. Youre managment team and sales associates will get you there if you are always fair.
    Here is the biggest. Your hiring process is #1. If you think at any moment this person does not represent the brand...do not hire them!! You have to represent your customer base with your store's sales team.

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports