Pier 1 Imports

www.pier1.com

One of the best

Assistant Store Manager & Store Manager (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA (US)

ProsTalented Managers are rewarded! If you are a talented manager (even a budding manager) you will be rewared with $ and opportunities...there are over 2000 stores with more opening and getting remodels!
Opportunites galor!
Great Staff from top to bottom!
Did I mention I no longer work there? However, I know there will always be a place for me there! I have always and will always speak highly of Pier 1 Imports.
You have a corporate staff who take significant time in creating a team atmosphere with trainings, celebrations, and recognition!
You have employees (sales associates) there for +10 years. Divisional and regional members of management who started as sales associates. Regional and Divisional members of management who will move your displays (and not just the little ones) to help and teach you!

ConsThere are a limited amount of full time positions!
Like any other retail business members of management are the only full time positions (and Home Office...it would be a dream!!)
Moving furniture! Sad but true. The end result is worth it...but truth be told...in the moment (and there are plenty) it stinks!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork hard!
Yes you will be moving furniture but if you're, truly, a Pier 1 person you'll love the end results.
Be genuine with a smile...remember you're the host and the customers are your guests. Youre managment team and sales associates will get you there if you are always fair.
Here is the biggest. Your hiring process is #1. If you think at any moment this person does not represent the brand...do not hire them!! You have to represent your customer base with your store's sales team.

Very good atmosphere to work in and everyone knows their part

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good hours, no crazy holiday hours, good pay, quick upward… Cons: Not huge volume so pay is good but limited Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Underpaid; overworked, high expectations; no incentive

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Pier 1 Imports part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Good first job to learn retail, but get out AS SOON as you find something better-- even a little better -25%… Cons: -No matter HOW HARD you work, you will NOT get a raise until at LEAST a year of employment. And that's not even guaranteed. Some… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees accordingly for doing a good job. Stop with the catalog and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pier 1 Imports.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!