There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Great Company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Hilton Head Island, SC (US)
Former Employee - Store Manager in Hilton Head Island, SC (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, great product, fun company

Cons

Only salaried manager in the building is difficult at times

589 Other Employee Reviews for Pier 1 Imports (View Most Recent)

The passion for the company faded.

Former Employee - Sales Leader in Chesapeake, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Leader in Chesapeake, VA (US)

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount!
    If your store manager is amazing and hires employees that are amazing and blend well and work well together, it's a dream job!!!
    Many career advancement opportunities!
    Fun -- if you love the products and working with customers closely. Pier 1 customers are loyal and truly want the employee's ideas, advice.

Cons

When I first started in 2006 the company did something special for employees on Christmas- but that ended during my three year employment history. I was very disappointed. I am not sure what the situation is there current day.
    They also cut back on the amount of raises per year they'd give and the amount of raise.

Short shifts as a sales associate. Decent hours as sales leader.
    Very few hours available per week for sales associates ranging from 4-15 hours. Not enough to pay rent, but the company didn't want me to have second job b/c that affected my availability.
    Underpaid as sales associate.
    When I advanced to sales leader, I made $10 a hour, which maybe would be fair for a month period. But there should be more raises and BETTER raises.
    Demanding goals to receive credit card sign ups per day.

I transferred stores when I became a sales leader and unfortunately that management team made me fall OUT OF LOVE with the company. I was very disappointed but left the company because of it. Before that my previous store was awesome! Great managers equal GREAT stores and GREAT employees.
    As for the much higher ups.... my store frequently didn't have access to merchandising supplies we needed to prepare the store as the directory asked us to. The District Manager always said we couldn't afford it. That's strange to me, since we were trying to made our store to be the Pier 1 Standard. Make sure your store have the tool, supplies they need, and the employees do as well. Communication is huge. And a Thank you goes a LONG way during a store visit!!! (VISIT THE Stores!!! The employees work VERY hard to make the stores look the way they do and be successful as they are.)

The worst place I have ever worked!

Former Employee - Distribution Center Supervisor
    Former Employee - Distribution Center Supervisor

I worked at Pier 1 Imports full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My peers and submitting my resignation.

Cons

Working as a member of management in the Savannah, GA DC was one of the worst experiences that I have ever encountered in my career. It was one of the most unprofessional enviroments that I have worked in. This company has no concept of work-life balance, working their supervisors 70 to 80 hours a week. The upper management team acted in a disrespectful and unethical manner. Resigning from this job has been one of the best decisions I have made in quiite some time.

Close your Savannah DC or change the DC Director(dictator)

There are newer employer reviews for Pier 1 Imports