Pentair

www.pentair.com
  www.pentair.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pentair

Pentair offers high quality personnel and products

Former Employee - Product Manager in Warwick, RI (US)
Former Employee - Product Manager in Warwick, RI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

High quality of contributors. They offered a nice work/life balance and invested training of individuals for growth. They offered "best of breed" solutions that allows one to sell and promote on quality.

Cons

Difficult market at the moment. Many layoffs have made the work environment trying a times.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Pentair (View Most Recent)

Rightsize? Downsize? Restructure? The 'GE Model' is no longer relevant.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tyco Thermal Controls was an acquisition of Pentair in October 2012. TTC was an excellent company with literally the best products in the world. Mature and well run business model. Really talented people. Excellent resources.

Cons

The period from 1 October through the 11 February layoff of 82 people worldwide was the most dysfuntional period I had seen in over 33 years of business. If you weren't looking over your shoulder you were wondering what Pentair had planned for the future. Communication was virtually non-existent and management representaives on the Global Leadership Team excelled at obsfuscation and mid-direction.

A true disservice to shareholders, stakeholders and vendors. It will take decades to build loyalty.

Please note that I was among the 82 laid off. Intelectually I can understand it. From a business and PR standbpoint a disaster. It would not have been so bad if they knew what I did and was underperforming. I was 'tagged' in a spreadsheet. A great euphamism for today's short-term mentality.

Really good people are going through the motions and spending more time on a daily basis polishing resumes and updating Linked In profiles than doing actual work.

If you are going to buy a construction company with almost $1 billion in Alberta Tar Sands projects on the books do some homework. These revenue NEVER accrue in the quarters to which you post glowing Wall Street Reports. This is a long-term asset that requires patience and people.

Spoiled Children in charge of adults.

I have been working at Pentair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fare pay and good benefits.

Cons

If you warn them of safety issues, and you get hurt because of them you will lose EVERYTHING. Including your savings, Checking, and even your self respect.

HR is a place for employees to get help, not disrespect, ridicule, and dishonor.

There are newer employer reviews for Pentair