Pearson
www.pearson.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Hey guess what school districts! Pearson scorers don't even read your kids' papers a lot of the time!

Scorer (Current Employee)
Mesa, AZ (US)

I have been working at Pearson

ProsPay for performance. An opportunity to make a lot of money by gaming the system and figuring out how to keep your numbers up while merely glancing at responses before scoring. This allows you to score more than 100 two page papers an hour, equaling a lot of money.

ConsThe pay scheme cannot be good for the integrity of the scores being given to these kids. Most people have figured out how to know when you are answering a validity response, and how to score based on length. The interreliability numbers don't work either, since most other scorers are doing the same thing. I cant even fathom how many papers were returned to students with scores given by someone who didn't even read their paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to let your customers find out that you are scoring their papers without reading them most of the time!

Ungrateful and Horrific

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Pearson

Pros: The company vehicle is about the only positive I can spare about this sinking ship and… Cons: The management at the HQ in NJ is lost and living in the age of the dinosaurs. The Bad: If you have a family the management… Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue and wake up. Nobody cares about selling books and forcing teachers to upgrade every semester. The… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall good job

Senior Client Services Consultant (Former Employee)
Centennial, CO (US)

I worked at Pearson

Pros: amazing benefits, growing company, if you are favored you will go far, some departments lack simple business discipline and it is hard to keep your… Cons: too much pressure from management to be "part of the team" which can make it really hard to just do the… Advice to Senior Management: equality!!! More

There are newer reviews on Pearson.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pearson CEO John Fallon. All reviews posted anonymously by Pearson employees.