Peace Corps
www.peacecorps.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

The toughest job you'll ever love

Agroforestry Extension Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is truly a life-changing experience to live and work in another country. PCVs learn invaluable communication and problem-solving skills that can transfer to any job after service.

Also, I love the Third Goal of the mission statement - "Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans." Because of this, PC service is never really finished.

ConsA pro and a con - since many PCVs live far from the PC offices, they receive little support from PC staff. This requires PCVs to develop self-motivation skills.

It truly is the toughest job you'll ever love.

Volunteer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learn a new language, live in a new culture, be challenged to solve problems in ways you never expected.… Cons: It can be lonely. There will be challenges: communication,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Peace Corps

Pros: Interned with a fun, young team. Friendly environment and great location. Work with… Cons: Day-to-day tasks for interns tended to be repetitive. Would have been nice to work on larger projects. Although not a… More

There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peace Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peace Corps CEO Carrie Hessler-Radelet . All reviews posted anonymously by Peace Corps employees.