Peace Corps

www.peacecorps.gov

The toughest job you'll ever love

Agroforestry Extension Agent (Former Employee)

ProsIt is truly a life-changing experience to live and work in another country. PCVs learn invaluable communication and problem-solving skills that can transfer to any job after service.

Also, I love the Third Goal of the mission statement - "Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans." Because of this, PC service is never really finished.

ConsA pro and a con - since many PCVs live far from the PC offices, they receive little support from PC staff. This requires PCVs to develop self-motivation skills.

Challenge, Adventure, Awesome, Never experience anything like it.

Agriculture and Rural Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) Leova (Moldova)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's an adventure of a life time. Noncompetitive status only… Cons: Can get VERY lonely at your permanent site. Advice to Senior Management: Volunteers should be treated like adults. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

How far are you willing to go?

PCVL (Former Employee) Lusaka, Lusaka (Zambia)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: The toughest job you'll ever love. Cons: Again, the toughest job you'll ever love. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!