Peace Corps

www.peacecorps.gov

Service with a mission

Program Specialist (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsGreat benefits, ability to work remotely, good location, special federal hiring status after 3 years of employment, great mission, fun Peace Corps Third Goal activities throughout year.

ConsFive-year rule causes too much turn over, you need to be looking for a new job when you walk in the door. No diversity in experience or skills, no child care.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the five year rule and just make everyone up for reappointment every 5 years. Clear out the old be keep the good.

Mexico is a step away from Paradise

Strategy and Finance Advisor (Current Employee) Querétaro, Querétaro (Mexico)

I have been working at Peace Corps full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working with professionals Always something to do to help Fun people and… Cons: Having to be all spiffy when the front office arrives; really… Advice to Senior Management: Stay out of the way: do not think for it will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worth the red tape.

Heatlh Volunteer (Former Employee)

I worked at Peace Corps full-time for more than a year

Pros: You will be hard pressed to find another organization that… Cons: Sometimes a lack of site development and staff support Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with your volunteers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Peace Corps.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!