Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

From a sales rep point of view...

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent products offered and a fair and reasonable price. Not sure what else I can say for pros.

Cons

Paycom was a crazy place to work. I was one of 18 reps that had three managers in our region, which got trimmed to 3 sales reps. I did well there, but seeing new people working at the desk next to mine every month was getting old. I love all the other cheerleader posts that give 5 stars and say what an awesome place it is to work. They love that Paycom cool aid!

Good luck

145 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Hard work pays off here!!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- I decide how much money I make!
    - Great environment, management, and benefits!
    - We have an amazing product!
    - Love it!

Cons

- Long interview process.
    - Hard work, but it pays off big time $$$

Please continue to be support and amazing!

Great product, great compensation, BOILER ROOM in sales

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has a great product that excels in its targeted market. The compensation is very lucrative and the total compensation (salary, commission, benefits, stock options, 401k, President's Club, etc.) is hard to beat. All aspects of the sales role are highly micro-managed. This is not a job for experienced sales professionals. If you are fresh out of college or in your first 1-3 years in the workplace, this is a great company to make great earnings and learn a tremendous amount about professional B2B sales. Warning: the work environment is a pressure cooker. Even when you are over plan you will still feel burdened for not having more deals to bring in. This lends itself to very high turnover. There are very few sales reps that have been with the company more than 2-3 years. Overall, you can make a great living for 1-3 years if you can put up with the stress; not a great place for the development of a long term career.

Cons

Overall pressure cooker in sales. Reps are highly micro-managed and there is very little career trajectory for the vast majority. New reps come in and out on a regular basis.

The number one reason reps stay at Paycom is the compensation; however there are many other factors to reduce turnover that aren't being explored at all. Focus on developing a better work environment so that your employees feel valued and not like just a YTD number on the leader board.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom