Paycom

www.paycom.com

Paycom is a great company based in OKC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom has a great culture, good benefits, and very pleasant perks. $4 catered lunches give you a good lunch option. Employee health insurance premium is only $1 per bi-weekly pay-period. The gym is great to have around to exercise before or after work, or shoot some hoops or play ping-pong during lunch. The year-end party is a great way to celebrate all of the hard work required for year-end workload.

Cons

Family health insurance is not subsidized by the company, which increases cost drastically.
Rumors of going public have been tossed around for years now with no definite time frame given by management.
The year-end party is nice, but it would also be nice to have a year-end bonus to go with it.

Be honest to employees and do anything within reason to reduce voluntary and involuntary turnover. Offer more than just a year-end party in the form of a year-end bonus to share the success of the company with the employees who make Paycom what it is.

Other Reviews for Paycom

A different challenge every day but with hard work and perseverance you will be rewarded

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to meet and work with people from different industries and build great relationships
    - Every day is new and different
    - Great team to work with, everyone is uplifting, fun, and positive
    - Compensation plan is amazing with benefits
    -Continued training from the team and upper management
    - Must be willing to compete and put in the work to see the reward
    - Competitive atmosphere, great for former athletes or anyone with that mindset

Cons

- The days can and will be longer than 8-5
    - Because every day is different, there are some days that are more challenging than others
    - Everyone takes a different amount of time to feel comfortable knowing the product, you must be okay with feeling out of your element for awhile
    - Sometimes territory is further away from the office than most and involves a lot of driving

Continue to:
    - Give constructive criticism and coach us to be the best we can be
    - Reward (give praise) us when we follow through with challenges set
    - Motivate all the reps differently in how we best respond to that motivation

Advice:
    - Do not provide negative incentives/unproductive criticism when we aren't doing as well as we want
    - More training up front for new reps to feel more confident going out into the field
    - More field rides with current reps prior to making your own calls

Please read if you're thinking about joining Paycom

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Base Salary is great
    regional managers are all good!

Cons

First of all I'm not a bitter former employee who got fired. I left on my own terms and was number 1 in my office.

- work hours - expect to be there from 7am till at 530 on office days which are Mon, Tues and Fri. Field days are Wed and Thurs and BE EXPECTED to work from home. They have things that aren't in "selling hours"...for example if you have a business case write which could take an hour or two then do that at home. Research the company you're meeting for the rest of the week at home.

- they ask current reps to write GOOD reviews on here because their turnover rate is bad and for all you candidates that look on here it makes it look like its a great place to work. in my training class of 12 - one year later I was the only one left.

- you end up taking your work home and thinking about it and checking your phone at all hours.

- you're just a number to them - If you're not setting 6 appointments a week with CFOs of companies of 75 employees or more then they're on you're back (which I guess is like any other sales job).

- after you sign a client up you have to do a lot of work. You sell the account, then you have to get all the paperwork, then you have to train everyone.

- Phone canvassing - 4 hours of non stop calling the same people who hung up on you last week every Tuesday and Friday. You will have around 150-175 people that you can call. All of them have been called by the previous Paycom rep.

- they ask you to be "bright and loud" when phone canvasser interviews to come in so it looks like a great company culture.

- Everyone there is young because they hire young people as they know they're willing to put in the hours and the amount of work they throw at you.

Treat people like people, and not just numbers!

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom.

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!