Paycom

www.paycom.com
  www.paycom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paycom

Great Company Great Pay

Current Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA (US)
Current Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay salary is very competitive coming out of college. It is $50,000 per year plus commission. The company is also very competitive in the industry.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of other then the typical cons of any sales job such as continuous cold calling.

157 Other Employee Reviews for Paycom (View Most Recent)

Executive Sales Rep, At Paycom Since 2005 -- "Challenging, Yet Rewarding"

Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paycom is a really amazing, dynamic company! Since I started as a sales rep in 2005, there have been so many changes. We've grown from about 50 employees up to over 600 employees. Everything does move very fast paced, here, and we do only want people who are self-motivated, capable, and adaptable to help us all be successful! There are more opportunities at Paycom than any other company I've known. It is the most challenging yet rewarding job I have been fortunate enough to find. The job I had before this one cannot even compare.

You have to be a positive and competitive person to exceed in sales here; you have to welcome a challenge to make it at any position here at Paycom. The great part is, they do give you the tools you need to be successul! It's up to you to do it.

Our industry in general is constantly changing, and it affects every company in the U.S.A. in a big way! I'm proud to be a part of one of the largest and fastest growing business service solutions in the United States. Every company out there has a mission, and we help them accomplish that mission by streamlining the backend of their operations, keeping them in compliance, and allowing them to spend more time on more mission critical activities.

Paycom invests a lot of energy into keeping all our employees trained on the constant changes in our industry, on new legislation, new developments to our product, how to do our jobs better, and how to help our clients accomplish their goals. I can't tell you how much I've learned and grown with Paycom, and how I really consider the great people I work with family.

Cons

When I say that working at Paycom is a challenge, I'm not kidding. We want to be the best, so there's no room for dead weight. It may sound harsh, but what I mean is, we're not looking for average. We're not looking for someone who just wants a paycheck but doesn't want to work a lot for it.

You have to be willing to learn. This is not an industry where once you get through initial training, you know it all. No one knows it all, because it's always changing. Every time a new law comes out, every time current laws change, we have to be ready for it. It's a very complicated industry, and you have to be willing to change a long with it.

You're experience with Paycom is going to be governed by how you react to this enviroment. The right people are willing to work hard and are going to step up to the plate and get ready for any curve balls that may be thrown at you. If you are that type of person, you will be successful at Paycom and enjoy the rewards that follow.

Keep adding the new developments! It makes it more exciting every time I can call someone and tell them about something new! I love it!

Amazing position that provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to launch or elevate your career!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Let me start out by saying this position exceeded every single one of my expectations!
    - Great atmosphere in the Denver office. All your colleagues are young outstanding professionals who work hard and play hard. You're never short on people to turn to or learn from and every member of the team is committed to your success. They're also great at making you laugh and helping you unwind during those tough days.
    - The Denver office has arguably the best manager in the company. He's very much committed to your success and ANYTHING he can do to help you out he will. Very easy to talk to and I don't think he ever got mad when our office made mistakes, instead he works with you to turn mistakes into great learning moments. He was also very quick to ride along with you and provide a ton of support on tough accounts. Its rare you find people like him and he was a huge positive factor in my decision to work for Paycom.
    - Extremely high compensation: $50K base plus uncapped commissions. I know every sales positions says "high earning potential", but at Paycom there's nothing fishy about it and I would say expect to make somewhere in the area of $65K-$75K your first year.
    - Tons of huge accounts in your territory, these usually equate to commission checks of $10,000 or more! Imagine paying off your credit cards, car payments, and student loans in one commission check.
    - Great opportunity to build excellent business acumen and overall business knowledge. You meet a ton of great C-level executives and business owners who really rub off on you.
    - Excellent on going training and support.
    - You get to manage your own business, territory, and time. Other than a two schedule phone canvassing times and a few trainings you get to plan your day.

Cons

- Job can really become stressful when you have more "to do" items than hours in the day. Most of the "to do" items are time sensitive and really require your immediate attention and this can cause your activity to slip.
    - The stress of work tends to follow you home on evenings and weekends. But this is common of most highly compensated positions.
    - Very little vacation time off your first year. The first year on the job is tough and becomes even harder when you have very little time off and really need a mental break.
    - I didn't have this issue, but some territories can be far which can put extra wear and tear on your car.

- Continue to: create excitement through incentives and contests!
    - Continue to: reach out to reps during breaks and off hours to check on stress levels, accounts, and motivate reps through tough times.
    - Continue to: have managers ride along with reps and get in the trenches with reps! This was my favorite part and was a huge lift during the tough days.
    - Start: to really work with reps on ways to deal with "burned" prospects.
    - Stop: Threatening reps with write ups, pay cuts, and demotions. The job is very stressful and becomes even more stressful when faced with these looming threats. I would say to only resort to these options as an extreme last resort.

There are newer employer reviews for Paycom