There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

HR solutions Representative

Former Employee - Human Resources Solutions Representatvie  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Human Resources Solutions Representatvie in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paychex provides you with everything that you need to become successful in a sales orginization. cell phone, client lists, and support.

Cons

As an HR solutions representative the ramp up time may take a while since you will be learing all of the high level and details aspects of HR. Once you get familiar with the product and value proposition, your success should be imiminent. Just work hard and check your ego at the door.

Pair up your new employees with your top level sales representatives if you want to shorten the ramp up time. The problem is how do you incentivise your rockstars to do so? I can garauntee that if you do a business analysis by using the strategy that it will result in great profits for the orginization.

626 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Great Place to start your career

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Installs great work ethic
    Excellent training programs

Cons

Hard to achieve work / life balance
    Tend to micro-manage workforce

Slow to adapt to the downturn in the economy

Premier Payroll Specialist-Lehigh Valley-Retired.

Former Employee - Premier Payroll Specialist  in  Lehigh Valley, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Premier Payroll Specialist in Lehigh Valley, PA (US)

I worked at Paychex full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great coworkers, truly a team effort. Good Branch Manager. Accrued time off very fair. Job stability in a shaky economy. I worked in this Branch 10 years before retiring

Cons

Heavy work load, every day was like trying to put 10 lbs of potatoes in a twenty lb bag.Some of the direct supervisors of payroll specialists do not have a clue as what pressures the specialists are dealing with.The good supervisors are as overworked as the specialists, because they care about their employees. Pay is not in line with the requirements of the job.I was thinking about going to a competitor for more money during a wage freeze and 401K match freeze. The Branch Manager got me a large raise to stay which I really appreciated. He must have gone to God.

Upper management must look at the pay rate and manageable workload for payroll specialists, especially the specials with 2 to 3 years tenure. When the economy improves there will be a mass exodus.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!